• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manufacturing Machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT - I 
Introduction: Classification of machine tools based on application and production rate: General purpose and Special purpose machines, Classification based on-types of machine tools and the processes, Generating and forming. 
Elements of metal cutting processes: Elements of tool geometry, cutting tool materials and applications. 
Lathe: Various types of lathe: Centre lathe, facing lathe, gap-bed lathe, capstan and turret lathe, NC, CNC and DNC lathe, major difference between CNC lathe and conventional lathe. Major sub-assemblies of a lathe: Bed, headstock, tail stock, carriage consisting of saddle, cross-slide, compound slide, tool post and apron. Work holding devices: self centering three jaw chuck, independent four jaw chuck, collets, face plates, dog carriers, centers and mandrels, Rest(Steady and Moving). 

UNIT - II
Lathe Contd..: Driving mechanisms, apron mechanism, thread cutting mechanism and calculations, features of half-nut engagement – disengagement, indexing dial mechanism. Operations on lathe: taper turning, related calculations, thread cutting, facing, under-cutting, drilling, boring, parting-off, knurling, chamfering. 
Reciprocating Type Machine Tools: Shaper, Planer and Slotter: Constructional features, basic machines and kinematics and related calculations. 

UNIT III
Drilling Machines: Constructional features of bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, multi-spindle drilling machine, feed mechanism, work holding devices, Tool – holding devices. Different drilling operations: Drilling, reaming, counter boring and countersinking etc. estimation of drilling time. 
Milling Machines: Types of general purpose milling machines: horizontal, vertical, universal and their principal parts. Types of milling cutters and their applications, different milling operations, work-holding devices: vice, clamps, chucks, dividing head and its use, simple, compound and differential indexing. Indexing calculations and machining time calculations. Introduction to machining centers.

UNIT IV
Grinding Machines: Different types of grinding machines: cylindrical, surface and centre-less grinding machines, basic constructional features and mechanisms, specifications, different grinding operations, honing, lapping and super-finishing processes. 
Gear Manufacturing Machines: Gear forming, gear generation, gear shaping and gear hobbing.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluid Mechanics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,129 04-28-2017, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  I.C Engines and Gas Turbine IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 846 04-28-2017, 03:05 AM
  Measurements and Instrumentation IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,439 04-28-2017, 03:02 AM
  Strength of Materials-2 IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 609 04-28-2017, 02:53 AM
  Kinematics of machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 636 04-28-2017, 02:25 AM