• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength of Materials-2 IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT I 
3D Stress: Three dimensional stress and strain, Stress tensor,  stress invariants, Strain Tensor, Equilibrium Equations, St. Vernants principle, generalized hooks law, Theories of elastic failure. 
Strain Energy:  Strain Energy Due to Axial Force, Shear Stress, Bending; Maxwell’s reciprocal theorem, Castigliano’s theorem for statistically determinate structures. 

UNIT II 
Shear Stresses in Beams: Shear stress at a section,shear stress distribution for different sections: square, rectangular, Triangular, Circular section, I-section, T-section. 
Thick Cylinders: Stresses in thick cylinders,  sphere subjected to internal pressure, Lame’s equations, compound cylinders, spherical vessels, hub shrunk on solid shafts.

UNIT-III 
Columns: Combined direct and bending stresses in columns, Euler’s and Rankine Gordon equations, applications of  Johnson's empirical formula for axially loaded columns.
Curved Beams: Bending of beams with large initial curvature, position of neutral axis for rectangular, trapezoidal and circular cross sections, stress in crane hooks.

UNIT IV 
Rotating Disc and Cylinders: Rotational stresses in discs and rims of uniform thickness; discs of uniform Strength, long cylinder.
Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre: Properties of beam cross-section, Principal Axes, Determination of Principal Axes, stress and deflection in unsymmetrical bending, shear centre.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluid Mechanics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,097 04-28-2017, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  I.C Engines and Gas Turbine IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 810 04-28-2017, 03:05 AM
  Measurements and Instrumentation IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,401 04-28-2017, 03:02 AM
  Manufacturing Machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 767 04-28-2017, 03:00 AM
  Kinematics of machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 598 04-28-2017, 02:25 AM