• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinematics of machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT – I 
General concepts, Velocity and Acceleration Analysis: Introduction of Simple mechanism, Different types of Kinematics pair, Grublers rule for degree of freedom, Grashof’s Criterion for mobility , inversions of four bar chain, slider crank chain and double slider crank chain, Velocity of point in mechanism, relative velocity method, Velocities in four bar mechanism, slider crank mechanism and quick return motion mechanism, Instantaneous center method, Types & location of instantaneous centers, Kennedy’s theorem, Velocities in four bar mechanism & slider crank mechanism Acceleration of a point on a link, Acceleration diagram, Coriolis component of acceleration, Crank and slotted lever mechanism, Klein’s construction for Slider Crank mechanism and Four Bar mechanism, Analytical method for slider crank mechanism.

UNIT-II 
Mechanism with lower pairs: Description of Straight line mechanisms like Peaucellier’s mechanism and Hart mechanism, Engine indicator mechanism, Steering mechanism of vehicles, Hook’s joints. 
Cams: Classification, Cams with uniform acceleration and retardation, SHM, Cylcloidal motion, oscillating followers. 

UNIT – III 
Friction: Concepts of frictions and wear related to bearing and clutches, Belt and pulley drive, Length of open and cross belt drive, Ratio of driving tensions for flat belt drive, centrifugal tension, condition for maximum power transmission, V belt drive  
Brakes & Dynamometers: Shoe brake, Band brake, Band and Block brake, Absorption and transmission type dynamometers. 

UNIT IV 
Gears: Simple gear train, Compound gear train, Reverted gear train, trains – Analysis by tabular and relative velocity method, fixing torque, Sun and planet gear,  Geometry of tooth profiles, Law of gearing, involute profile, Path of contact. Arc of contact, Contact ratio, Interference in involute gears. Methods of avoiding interference, Back lash. Comparison of involute and cycloidal teeth. Profile Modification., helical, spiral and worm gears.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluid Mechanics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,097 04-28-2017, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  I.C Engines and Gas Turbine IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 810 04-28-2017, 03:05 AM
  Measurements and Instrumentation IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,401 04-28-2017, 03:02 AM
  Manufacturing Machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 767 04-28-2017, 03:00 AM
  Strength of Materials-2 IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 559 04-28-2017, 02:53 AM