• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid Mechanics IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT- I   
Fundamental Concepts of Fluid Flow: Fundamental definitions, Fluid properties, classification of fluids,  Flow characteristics, Foundations of flow analysis, Incompressible and compressible fluids, one, two and three dimensional flows, 
Pressure and its measurements: Pascal’s law, pressure variation in a fluid at rest, Classification of different manometers. 
Fluid Statics: Fluid pressure, Forces on solid surfaces, Buoyant forces, Metacentre and Metacentric height. Stability of floating bodies, 

UNIT- II 
Kinematics of Fluid Flow: Types of fluid flow, streamline, path line and streak line; continuity equation, Equations for acceleration, Irrotational and rotational flow,  velocity potential and stream function, Vortex flow, Continuity equation.      
Dynamics of Fluid Flow: Control volume analysis, Eulers equation of motion, Bernoulli’s equation, Bernoulli’s theorems from steady flow energy equation, Venturi meter; Pitot tube, Momentum equation.  
Laminar Flow: Reynold’s experiment, Critical velocity, Steady laminar flow through a circular tube, Measurement of viscosity.

UNIT- III 
Turbulent Flow: Shear stress in turbulent flow. Hydro dynamically smooth & rough boundaries. Velocity distribution for turbulent flow in smooth and rough pipes. 
Boundary Layer Flow: Boundary Layer Theory and Applications: Boundary Layer thickness, displacement, momentum and energy thickness, Flow separation, Drag and lift on immersed bodies.    
Pipe Flow Systems: Darcy-Weisbach equation, Moody diagram, Energy losses in pipelines, concept of equivalent length, Flow between two reservoirs multiple pipe systems. Siphon.

UNIT- IV
Dimensional Analysis and Principles of Similarity: Buckingham’s Theorem and its applications, Geometric, Kinematics and Dynamic similarity; Dimensionless numbers-Reynolds, Froude, Euler, Mach, Weber Number and their significance. 
Flow Measurements: Measurement of flow using, orifice meter, nozzle, Measurement of flow in open channels – rectangular, triangular, trapezoidal weir, Cipoeletti weir. Hot-wire anemometer.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I.C Engines and Gas Turbine IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 809 04-28-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  Measurements and Instrumentation IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,401 04-28-2017, 03:02 AM
  Manufacturing Machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 767 04-28-2017, 03:00 AM
  Strength of Materials-2 IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 558 04-28-2017, 02:53 AM
  Kinematics of machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 597 04-28-2017, 02:25 AM