• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryogenic Engineering IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT-I 
Refrigeration And Liquefaction Principles: Joule Thomson effect and inversion curve; Adiabatic and isenthalpic expansion with their comparison. Properties of cryogenic fluids; Properties of solids at cryogenic temperatures ,Superconductivity. Adiabatic Expansion - Liquefaction Systems for Air, Neon, Hydrogen and Helium - Effect of component efficiencies on System Performance.

UNIT-II 
Gas Liquefaction Systems: Recuperative – Linde – Hampson, Claude, Cascade, Heylandt,  Kapitza, Collins, Simon; Regenerative – Stirling cycle and refrigerator, Slovay refrigerator, Gifford-McMahon refrigerator, Vuilleumier refrigerator, Pulse Tube refrigerator; Liquefaction of natural gas. 
Cryogenic insulation: Vacuum insulation, Evacuated porous insulation, Gas filled Powders and fibrous materials, Solid foams, Multilayer insulation, Liquid and vapour Shields, Composite insulations.

UNIT-III 
Storage Of Cryogenic Liquids: Design considerations of storage vessel; Dewar vessels; Industrial storage vessels; Storage of cryogenic fluids in space; Transfer systems and Lines for cryogenic liquids; Cryogenic valves in transfer lines; Two phase flow in Transfer system; Cool-down of storage and transfer systems. 
Cryogenic instrumentation: Measurement of strain, pressure, flow, liquid level and Temperature in cryogenic environment; Cryostats.

UNIT-IV 
Cryogenic equipment: Cryogenic heat exchangers – recuperative and regenerative; Variables affecting heat exchanger and system performance; Cryogenic compressors, Pumps, expanders; Turbo alternators; Effect of component inefficiencies; System Optimization. Magneto-caloric refrigerator; 3He-4He Dilution refrigerator; Cryopumping Cryogenic Engineering applications in energy, aeronautics, space, industry, biology, preservation Application of Cryogenic Engineering in Transport.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Computing IPU Btech 2017 Question Paper Dipesh S 0 626 08-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  Turbo Machinery IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 980 05-01-2017, 05:24 AM
  Supply Chain Management-Planning IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,326 05-01-2017, 05:23 AM
  Total Quality Management IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,613 05-01-2017, 05:20 AM
  Gas Dynamics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 594 05-01-2017, 05:16 AM
  Mechanical Vibrations IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 727 05-01-2017, 05:09 AM
  Rapid prototyping IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,820 05-01-2017, 05:07 AM
  Robotics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,945 05-01-2017, 05:05 AM
  Nuclear Power Generation and Supply IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 694 05-01-2017, 05:03 AM
  Statistical Quality Ctrl. & Reliability IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,080 05-01-2017, 04:55 AM