• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Plant Engineering IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT – I  
Steam Generator Plant: Fuel handling systems, Indian coals, combustion of coal in furnaces; Elementary boilers- Cochran, Babcock & Wilcox. High pressure heavy duty boilers, Super critical and once through boilers layout of evaporator, super heater, re-heater and economizer; dust collectors; ash disposal, fans and draft systems, fluidized bed combustion; 

UNIT – II 
Steam Nozzles: Application of Nozzles. Types of Nozzles. Expansion of steam through a Nozzle. Effect of friction. Critical pressure ratio. Areas at Throat & Exit for maximum discharge conditions. Performance at off- design conditions. 
Steam Turbines: Classification. Impulse and Reaction Turbines. Compounding of steam turbines. Velocity diagrams. Conditions for maximum efficiency.. Losses in steam turbines. Reheat Factor. 
Turbine Plant: Feed water heaters-surface and de-aerator, construction of large condensers- zoning, air cooling zone. Calculations effect of air cooling on vacuum pump rating, cooling water systems and cooling towers Feed water treatment-make up and internal conditioning.  Governing of steam turbine

UNIT – III  
Other Power Plants: General layout of I.C. Engines and turbine power plants, types, gas turbine plants, fields of application, Nuclear power plants, power reactors and nuclear steam turbines; handling of nuclear waste and safety measures, peak load power generation methods. 

UNIT –IV 
Control: Important instruments on steam generator and turbine; drum water level control, combustion control and super heat temperature control; testing of power plants and heat balance. 
Economics: Planning for power generation in India, super thermal power plants, estimation of cost of power generation; choice of plant site.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computational Fluid Dynamics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 650 04-29-2017, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  Rotor Dynamics IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 800 04-29-2017, 02:53 AM
  Finite Element Methods IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 544 04-29-2017, 02:48 AM
  Management Information System and ERP IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 710 04-29-2017, 02:47 AM
  Operations Research IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 904 04-29-2017, 02:41 AM
  Advanced Material Science and Metallurgy IPU ME notes and question paper free downloa Dipesh S 0 497 04-29-2017, 02:39 AM
  Geometric Modelling and Product Design IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 676 04-29-2017, 02:38 AM
  Non-conventional manufacturing processesIPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 762 04-29-2017, 02:35 AM
  Introduction to Data Science IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 601 04-29-2017, 02:33 AM
  PMCM IPU ME notes and question paper free Dipesh S 0 552 04-29-2017, 02:32 AM