studentsuvidha

Full Version: PLC and SCADA Systems IPU EEE notes and question paper free download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT-I 

Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Basics: Introduction, Parts of PLC, Principles of operation, PLC size and applications, PLC Advantages and Disadvantages, PLC Manufacturers, PLC hardware components, I/O section,  Analog I/O modules, Digital I/O modules, CPU- Processor memory module,  Programming devices, Devices which can be connected to I/O modules, Relay, Contactor, SPST, Push Buttons, NO/NC Concept

UNIT-II 
Programming of Programmable Logic Controller: General PLC Programming Procedures, Contacts and Coils, Program SCAN, Programming Languages, Ladder Programming, Relay Instructions, Instruction Addressing, Concept of Latching, Branch Instructions, Contact and Coil I/O Programming Examples, Relation of Digital Gate Logic to Contact/Coil Logic.

UNIT-III 
Programmable Logic controller Functions: Timer Instructions: ON DELAY Timer and OFF DELAY timer, Counter Instructions:  UP/DOWN Counters, Timer and Counter Applications, Program Control Instructions: Master Control Reset, Jump and Subroutine,  Math Instructions- ADD, SUB. Data Handling: Data Move, Data Compare, Data Selection, Electro-pneumatic Sequential Circuits and Applications.

UNIT-IV 
SCADA: Definition of SCADA, Applicable Processes, Elements of SCADA System, A Limited Two-Way System. Real Time Systems: Communication Access and Master-Slave determining scan interval. Introduction to Remote Control, Communications-A/D Conversion, Long Distance Communication, Communication System components in brief- Protocol, Modems, Synchronous/Asynchronous telephone cable/radio, Half Duplex, Full Duplex System, Brief introduction to RTU and MTU, Applications-Automatic Control, Advisory Applications.