studentsuvidha

Full Version: Automobile Engineering IPU ME notes and question paper free download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT – I    
Power Plant: Selection of power plant for automotive vehicle, requirements of vehicle.  Characteristics of various power plants (Petrol engines, Diesel engines, CNG and LPG engine,); constructional details of C.I. and S.I. engines, crank shafts, connecting rods, pistons, piston pins, piston rings, valves mechanisms, manifolds, air cleaners, mufflers, radiators and oil filters. 
Vehicular Performance: Load, air and grade resistance; matching of engine output and demand power, performance requirements of Passenger cars, heavy duty trucks. Performance characteristics of internal combustion engines, drive effectiveness for 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive vehicles.

UNIT II    
Transmission Systems: Transmission requirements, general arrangement of clutch, gear box and transmission, for various combinations of front wheel, rear wheel, front engine and rear engine for 2 wheels and 4 wheels drives De-Dion drive. 
Clutches: Principle of friction clutch, single and multi-plate clutches, centrifugal clutch and related  Numericals.  Friction materials.  Bonding materials.  Fluid fly wheel clutch.

UNIT III 
Transmission: Description and working of manually operated gearboxes like sliding mesh, constant mesh, synchromesh.  Hydraulic torque converter and its construction, working and performance.  Analysis of Semiautomatic and Automatic transmission, overdrives, Differentials and Wilson Gear Box. Construction and working of Live axles. 
Steering System: Steering terminologies and geometry. Davis and Ackermann steering.  Power steering.

UNIT IV     
Suspension: Types of suspension systems, Dead Axle and Independent suspension;., air suspension, shock absorbers. 
Wheels, Tyres and Brakes:, Mechanical and hydraulic brakes, shoe arrangements and analysis, disc brakes, braking effectiveness requirements. Concept of Anti lock brakes. Wheel and tyre requirements, Tyre dynamics.