studentsuvidha

Full Version: Machine Design - I IPU ME notes and question paper free download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT –I 
Introduction: Principles of mechanical design, systematic design process, aesthetic and ergonomic considerations in design, use of standards in design. 
Manufacturing consideration in design: casting, machining, forging 
Dynamic and fluctuating stresses, fatigue failure and endurance limit, stress concentration, causes and remedies in design, Factor of safety, Failure theories, Tolerances and types of fits as per BIS, Selection of materials, designation of steels.

UNIT - II 
Design of Elements: Cotter and knuckle joints; screwed fastenings, bolted and riveted joints under direct and eccentric loads, initial tightening loads in bolts. 
Welded joints, strength of welded joints, eccentrically loaded joints, welded joints subjected to bending moment and torsion.

UNIT - III 
Shafts, keys and couplings –design of rigid and pin bushed flexible couplings. 
Levers design 
Pipes, cylinder and design of pipe joints 
Springs, uses and design of close coiled helical springs shot peening of springs.

UNIT - IV 
Design of various types of power screws,: screw jack, C- clamp, toggle screw jack. 
Classification of Gears, spur gears, Lewis equation, subjected to  dynamic and wear loads, gear failures.