studentsuvidha

Full Version: I.C Engines and Gas Turbine IPU ME notes and question paper free download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT- I:   
Introduction: Basic Engine components and Nomenclature, Classification of Engines, The working principle of Engines, Comparison of 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke Engines; CI, and SI Engines, Ideal and Actual Working Cycles and their analysis, Valve timing Diagram. 
Fuels: Fossil fuels, Chemical structure of Petroleum, Properties of SI and CI Engine Fuels, Fuel Ratings; Octane Number, Cetane Number.

UNIT- II:  
Carburetors & Fuel Injection: Air Fuel Mixture Requirements, Construction and Working of Simple Carburetor, Calculation of Air-Fuel Ratio, Parts of Carburetor. Requirement of Injection Systems, Classification of Injection Systems, Fuel Feed pump, Injection Pumps, Working principles of Governors, Nozzles and Fuel Injector, Injection in SI and CI Engines.  
Combustion and Ignition Systems in SI and CI Engines: Normal and Abnormal Combustion in SI and CI Engines, Stages of Combustion, Detonation and Knocking. 

UNIT- III:  
Performance parameters for IC Engines:  Engine Power, Engine Efficiencies, Performance Characteristics, Variables Effecting Performance Characteristics, Methods of Improving Engine Performance, Heat Balance. 
Modern Automotive Engines: Changes in Fuel injection Methods in S.I and C.I engines, Common Rail Direct Injection System, Gasoline Direct Injection, Variable Valve Technology, A brief review of Design changes to achieve high efficiency.

UNIT- IV:   
Gas Turbine: Introduction to Gas Turbines, Development, Classification and Application of Gas Turbines, Ideal and Actual Cycles; Effect of Intercooling, Reheating, Regeneration, Combined cycle and Cogeneration.  
Gas Turbine Cycles for Aircraft Propulsion: Criteria of performance, Intake and propelling nozzle efficiencies, Simple Turbojet Cycle, The turboprop engine, Thrust augmentation, Gas turbine combustion systems, Combustion chamber designs, Gas Turbine Emissions.