• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Science and Metallurgy IPU ME notes and question paper free download
SYLLABUS:-

UNIT – I 
Structure of metal: Crystal structure (BCC, FCC and HCP, Packing factor and density calculation), X-ray diffraction, miller indices, lattices, imperfections, elementary treatment of point and line defects and their relation to mechanical properties. 
Diffusion: Diffusion mechanisms, steady state and non steady state diffusion, factors affecting diffusion.
Deformation: Slip, twinning, effect of cold and hot working on mechanical properties, principles of recovery, re-crystallization and gain growth.

UNIT – II 
Fracture: Types of fracture ductile and brittle, fatigue Creep: Basic consideration in the selection of material for high and low temperature service, creep curve, effect of material variables on creep properties, brittle failure at low temperature. 
Solidification: Phases in metal system, lever rule, solidification of metal and alloys, solid solution, eutectic, eutectoid and inter-metallic compounds, Iron carbon equilibrium diagram, TTT-diagram. Effect of alloying elements on TTT diagram, S-N curve.

UNIT - III 
Heat Treatment: Principles and purpose of heat treatment of plain carbon steels, annealing, normalizing, hardening, tempering, isothermal treatment, case hardening – carburizing, nitriding etc, precipitating hardening of aluminum alloys. 
Hardenability: determination of hardenability Jominy end quench test.  Materials: Plain Carbon steels, effect of alloying elements, properties, uses, springs, and wear resisting steels, IS standards codes for steels.

UNIT - IV 
Corrosion: Types of corrosion, Galvanic cell, rusting of Iron, Methods of protection from corrosion. 
Fiber Reinforced Composites: General characteristics, Applications, Introduction to Fibers – glass, carbon, Kevlar 49 fibers.  Matrix – Polymeric, Metallic, Ceramic Matrix, Coupling agents and fillers.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strength of Material-1 IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,547 04-28-2017, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  Production Technology IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,189 04-28-2017, 01:57 AM
  Thermal Science IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,265 04-28-2017, 01:48 AM
  Electrical Machines IPU ME notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,161 04-28-2017, 01:43 AM
  NA & ST IPU civil notes and question paper free download Dipesh S 0 796 04-24-2017, 06:48 PM