• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICEGT mdu btech NOTES and paper free download
DOWNLOAD PAPERS HERE

SYLLABUS:-

Section A
Air Standard Cycles: Internal and external combustion engines; classification of I.C. Engines, Cycles of operation in four stroke and two stroke I.C. Engines, Wankel Engines, Assumptions made in air standard cycle; Otto cycle; diesel cycle, dual combustion cycle, comparison of Otto, diesel and dual combustion cycles; sterling and Ericsson cycles; air standard efficiency, specific work output, specific weight; work ratio; mean effective pressure; deviation of actual engine cycle from ideal cycle. Problems. Carburetion, fuel Injection and Ignition systems: Mixture requirements for various operating conditions in S.I. Engines; elementary carburetor, Requirements of a diesel injection system; types of inject systems; petrol injection, Requirements of ignition system; types of ignition systems ignition timing; spark plugs. Problems.

Section B
Combustion in I.C. Engines : S.I. engines; Ignition limits; stages of combustion in S.I. Engines; Ignition lag; velocity of flame propagation; detonation; effects of engine variables on detonation; theories of detonation; octane rating of fuels; pre-ignition; S.I. engine combustion chambers, Stages of combustion in C.I. Engines; delay period; variables affecting delay period; knock in C.I. engines, Cetane rating; C.I. engine combustion chambers. Lubrication and Cooling Systems: Functions of a lubricating system, Types of lubrication system; mist, wet sump and dry sump systems; properties of lubricating oil; SAE rating of lubricants, engine performance and lubrication, Necessity of engine cooling; disadvantages of overcooling; cooling systems; air-cooling, water cooling; radiators.  

Section C
Engine Testing and Performance: Performance parameters: BHP, IHP, mechanical efficiency, brake mean effective pressure and indicative mean effective pressure, torque, volumetric efficiency; specific fuel consumption  (BSFC, ISFC), thermal efficiency; heat balance; Basic engine measurements; fuel and air consumption, brake power, indicated power and friction power, heat lost to coolant and exhaust gases; performance curves. Problems. Air pollution from I.C. Engine and Its remedies: Pollutants from S.I. and C.I. Engines, Methods of emission control; alternative fuels for I.C. Engines; the current scenario on the pollution front.

Section D
Rotary Compressors: Root and vane blowers; Static and total head values; Centrifugal compressors- Velocity diagrams, slip factor, ratio of compression, pressure coefficient, pre-whirl; Axial flow compressor- Degree of reaction, polytropic efficincy, surging, choking and stalling, performance characteristics, Problems.  Gas Turbines: Brayton cycle; Components of a gas turbine plant; open and closed types of gas turbine plants; Optimum pressure ratio; Improvements of the basic gas turbine cycle; multi stage compression with inter-cooling; multi stage expansion with reheating between stages; exhaust gas heat exchanger, Applications of gas turbines. Problems.

Part Time Work For Students

Part Time Work

Win Free Netflix Account

Part Time Work

Messages In This Thread
ICEGT mdu btech NOTES and paper free download - by rusty cool - 07-06-2015, 01:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manufacturing Technology 2 mdu btech paper free download year 2016 Dipesh S 0 1,011 07-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Dipesh S
  ICEGT mdu btech paper free download year 2016 Dipesh S 0 777 07-17-2018, 05:21 PM
  ICEGT mdu btech paper free download year 2017 Dipesh S 0 869 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM
  Fluid Machine mdu btech NOTES and paper free download Dipesh S 0 1,395 07-17-2018, 05:12 PM
  ICEGT mdu btech paper free download year 2012 rkrusty 0 1,851 07-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Last Post: rusty cool
  ICEGT mdu btech paper free download year 2014 rkrusty 0 2,230 07-06-2015, 01:22 AM
  ICEGT mdu btech paper free download year 2013 rkrusty 0 1,789 07-06-2015, 01:22 AM
  Manufacturing Technology 2 mdu btech NOTES and paper with syllabus free download rkrusty 0 2,915 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM
  Manufacturing Technology 2 mdu btech paper free download year 2012 rkrusty 0 1,351 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM
  Manufacturing Technology 2 mdu btech paper free download year 2013 rkrusty 0 1,560 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM