studentsuvidha

Full Version: DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES -I syllabus with notes free download mdu btech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DOWNLOAD PAPERS HERE
DOWNLOAD NOTES HERE
SECTION-A

Unit-I: Elementary treatment of concrete technology: Physical requirements of cement, aggregate, admixture and reinforcement, Strength and durability, shrinkage and creep. Design of concrete mixes, Acceptability criterion, I.S. Specifications.

Unit-II: Design Philosophies in Reinforced Concrete: Working stress and limit state methods, Limit state v/s working stress method, Building code, Normal distribution curve, characteristic strength and characteristics loads, design values, Partial safety factors and factored loads, stress -strain relationship for concrete and steel.

SECTION-B

Unit-III: Working Stress Method: Basic assumptions, permissible stresses in concrete and steel, design of singly and doubly reinforced rectangular and flanged beams in flexure, steel beam theory, inverted flanged beams, design examples.

Unit-IV: Limit State Method: Basic assumptions, Analysis and design of singly and doubly  reinforced  rectangular  flanged  beams,  minimum  and  maximum reinforcement requirement, design ex amples.

Unit-V: Analysis and Design of Sections in shear, bond and torsion -Diagonal tension, shear reinforcement, development length, Anchorage and flexural bond, Torsional, stiffness, equivalent shear, Torsional reinforcement, Design examples.

SECTION-C

Unit-VI:  Concrete  Reinforcement  and  Detailing-Requirements  of  good  detailing, cover to reinforcement, spacing of reinforcement, reinforcement splicing, Anchoring reinforcing bars in flexure and shear, curtailment of reinforcement.

Unit-VII: Serviceability Limit State -Control of deflection, cracking, slenderness and vibrations, deflection and moment relationship for limiting values of span to depth, limit state of crack width, Design examples.

Unit-VIII: One way and Two Ways Slabs -General considerations, Design of one way and two ways slabs for distributed and concentrated loads, Non-rectangular slabs, openings in slabs, Design Examples

SECTION-D

Unit-IX: Columns and Footings-Effective length, Minimum eccentricity, short columns under axial compression, Uniaxial and biaxial bending, slender columns, Isolated and wall footings, Design examples.
 Unit-X: Retaining Walls -Classification,  Forces  on  retaining  walls, design  criteria, stability requirements, Proportioning of cantilever retaining walls, counterfort retaining walls, criteria for design of counterforts, design examples.

BOOKS RECOMMENDED:

1. Design of Reinforced  Concrete Structures,P.Dayaratnam,Oxford  & IBH Pub.,N.Delhi.

2. Reinforced Concrete-Limit State Design, A.K.Jain, Nem Chand & Bros.,Roorkee.

3. Reinforced Concrete,  I.C.Syal & A,K,Goel, A.H,Wheeler & Co.Delhi.

4. Reinforced Concrete Design, S.N.Sinha, TMH Pub.,N.Delhi.

5. SP-16(S&T)-1980, Design Aids for Reinforced  Concrete to  IS:456, BIS,  N.Delhi.

6. SP-34(S&T)-1987 Handbook on Concrete Reinforcement and Detailing`, BIS, N.Delhi.