studentsuvidha

Full Version: Principle of OS POS NOTES and PAPERs with syllabus mdu btech free download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DOWNLOAD ALL PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS HERE of both old and new scheme

please post some notes here or you can mail at admin@studentsuvidha.com

SYLLABUS:-

Section-A
Introduction to Operating System Concepts (including Multitasking, multiprogramming, multi user, Multithreading  etc)., Types of Operating Systems: Batch operating system, Timesharing systems, Distributed OS, Network OS, Real Time OS; Various Operating system services, architecture, System programs and calls.
Process Management: Process concept, process scheduling, operation on processes; CPU scheduling, scheduling criteria, scheduling algorithms -First Come First Serve (FCFS), Shortest-Job- First (SJF), Priority Scheduling, Round Robin(RR), Multilevel Queue Scheduling.

Section-B
Memory Management: Logical & Physical Address Space, swapping, contiguous memory allocation, non-contiguous memory allocation paging and segmentation techniques, segmentation with paging; virtual memory management - Demand Paging & PageReplacement Algorithms; Demand Segmentation.

Section-C
File System: Different types of files and their access methods, directory structures, various allocation methods, disk scheduling and management and its associated algorithms, Introduction to distributed file system.
Process-Synchronization & Deadlocks: Critical Section Problems, semaphores; methods for handling deadlocks-deadlock prevention, avoidance & detection; deadlock recovery.

Section-D
I/O Systems: I/O Hardware, Application I/O Interface, Kernel, Transforming I/O requests, Performance Issues.
Unix System and Windows NT Overview Unix system call for processes and file system management, Shell interpreter, Windows NT architecture overview, Windows NT file system.