SECTION A DOWNLOAD HERE
Unit-I: Elementary Plastic Analysis and Design:
- Introduction, Scope of plastic analysis,
- ultimate load carryingcapacity of tension members and compression members,
- flexural members, shape factor, mechanisms, plasticcollapse, analysis,
- plastic analysis applied to steel beams and simple portal frames and design.
download numericals for practice here.
Unit-II: Industrial Buildings: DOWNLOAD NOTES HERE
- general arrangement and stability,
- design considerations,
- design of purlins,
- design of roof trusses,
- industrial building frames,
- bracings and stepped columns.
Unit-III: Design of Water Tanks:
- permissible stresses,
- design of circular tanks
- rectangular and pressed steel tanks including staging.
Unit-IV: Design of Steel Stacks: DOWNLOAD NOTES HERE
- various loads to be considered for the design of steel stacks,
- design of steel stacks including foundation.
Unit-V: Towers: DOWNLOAD NOTES HERE.
- Transmission line towers,
- microwave towers,
- Design loads,
- design procedure and specification.
Unit-VI: Cold Formed Sections: DOWNLOAD NOTES HERE
- Introduction and brief description of various type of cold-formed sections
- local buckling,
- concepts of effective width and effective sections,
- elements with stiffeners,
- design ofcompression and bending elements.
1.Design of Steel Structures, A.S.Arya & J.L.Ajmani, Nem Chand & Bros., Roorkee.
2.Design of Steel Structures, P.Dayartnam, Wheeler Pub. Allahabad.
3.Design of Steel Structures, Gaylord & Gaylord, McGraw Hill, Newyork/International Students .
4.IS:800-1984, Indian Standard Code of Practice for General Construction in Steel.
5.IS-801-1975, Indian Standard Code of Practice for Use of cold-formed light gauge steelstructural members in general building construction.